Roasted Cauliflower with Fresh Tarragon Recipe
After a recent dinner party I realized we had not one, but two heads of cauliflower, as well as a head of broccoli taking up some much needed space in the crisper. As an accompaniment to a butter roasted chicken this was a quick and easy side.
This recipe works great with cauliflower, broccoli , rapini or romanesco. Use fresh tarragon or other herbs for their bright flavor. Sage gives them a grassy, earthy smell, while rosemary is more reminiscent of pine and forest.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Split cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl add cauliflower, roughly tear tarragon into pieces and sprinkle over the top.
- Sprinkle with oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place on a heavy sheet pan in the center rack of the oven.
- Roast 15 minutes and toss.
- Roast until cauliflower begins to brown, another 8-10 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Squeeze half lemon over the top and serve immediately.