The Best Baked Fried Chicken Recipe
This amazing baked chicken recipe mimics the flavoring of KFC fried chicken almost exactly and it’s baked not fried. If you love fried chicken but just can’t handle the thought of all that fat try this delicious recipe.
- 1 pound chicken, breast or thighs, skin on or off
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Morton’s Season-all or other seasoning salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ stick butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed chicken in a bowl, cover with milk, letting soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix spices and flour in a bowl or large Ziploc bag.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in 9x13 pan. Melt butter in oven and spread over bottom of the pan.
- Shake excess milk off chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix (you can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated).
- Place each piece of chicken in the pan and cook for 20 min.
- Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through to 160 degrees internally.