Red Radish and Cucumber Salad Recipe
It seems that in our various Full Circle organic produce delivery boxes radishes are an option this week. Red radishes with their familiar bite are in season, as well as Easter radishes coming right around the corner. This recipe will work for all of them and is a light and tangy companion for picnics, barbecues or any other potluck gatherings.
Radishes have many great health benefits. Check out our post 9 Reasons to Eat Your Radishes for more on that. Radishes are also very versatile. They can be roasted until soft, or diced raw and mixed into soy sauce and red vinegar, with garlic, shallots, cilantro, minced tomatoes, lemon juice, paprika and red chili flakes for a great marinade or dipping sauce version of Argentine chimichurri or Chamorro finnedenni.
Try this simple and delicious salad with your next bunch.
- 1 lb red radishes, cleaned and thinly sliced in circles
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp salad oil, such as safflower or olive
- 1 English cucumber, or de-seeded and skinned Garden cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 up rice wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix, sugar, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, zest and dill.
- Add radishes, shallots, and cucumbers.
- Toss until evenly coated and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side to grilled meats or spicy dishes.