Yumm-y Sauce Recipe
Those of you from the Pacific Northwest may be familiar with this particular sauce from Eugene, Oregon’s Café Yumm. A delightful umami and bean flavored sauce it goes great on everything from vegetable wraps to falafel gyros.
You can purchase Yumm sauce in some grocery stores around the Northwest, but why purchase it when you can make your own? This recipe comes as close to the original as I’ve found. Creamy, tangy, rich and delicious.
- ½ cup grape seed or canola oil
- ½ cup almonds
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas or garbanzos
- ¼ cup tofu
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- Add almonds, beans and oil to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cover and let stand refrigerated for at least one hour, for best results overnight.
Recipe adapted from Food.com