Roasted Broccoli Recipe
For those nights when you want to eat healthy, but don’t have a lot of time. This broccoli recipe uses what’s available in your Full Circle bag for a quick and delicious dish. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, toss the roasted broccoli with cooked fettucini and top with parmigiano. This dish also works great alongside roasted fish or a hearty steak.
The secret to roasting broccoli is to keep the stem attached. The stem is the sweetest part of the vegetable and helps the broccoli roast evenly so the tops don’t end up too crispy. It’s also a great way to get kids hooked on this tasty green vegetable as a sweet snack that can be eaten as finger food with their favorite dip.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 3.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut broccoli into segments, keeping the stems attached. Add broccoli to a bowl and toss with three tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Spread broccoli on a cookie sheet or two. Make sure they are not too crowded or the pieces will not brown. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss red onion with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven, toss with a spatula and add red onion. Roast for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the broccoli begins to turn brown around the edges.
- Serve as a side dish with your favorite protein or toss with pasta for a hearty vegetarian meal!
Recipe and Photos by Ilana Pulda of www.ilanafreddye.com