Good Karma Kale Salad Recipe
Spring is a great time of year for kale and I look forward to it in my Full Circle deliveries.
Many times people aren’t sure what to do with it and this is a super simple, no cooking recipe. You can do the kale in advance and top with the tomatoes and sunflower seeds right before serving. The massaged kale is great for days in the refrigerator.
It is also really easy to get creative with this recipe. Just change up the toppings based on what you have on hand.
- 8-12 kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- *Make it a heartier dish by adding grilled chicken breast
- Remove stems of kale. Roll the leaves and slice into thin strips.
- Massage the kale with the sea salt, lemon juice and olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Get your hands in there and you’ll feel the kale soften with a gentle touch.
- In a large salad bowl, layer the kale, the halved cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Then top with avocado slices.
If you love whole foods nutrition, you can find more recipes on my blog. My nutrition program has 4 weeks of fabulous fresh and whole foods recipes like this!
Jessica Wyman is the author of Finding Your Foxy and runs Jessica-Wyman.com. As a Wildly Vibrant health coach and yoga teacher she has a well rounded approach to healthy living, and specializes in 5-7 ingredient healthy recipes. As a health-coach-mama she has no time to waste and understands the demands of a busy life. Get her free 5 Day Wellness Program that gives a realistic approach without deprivation or counting anything.
The views and opinions of guest authors do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Full Circle.