Peppery Parmesan Kale Chips
Potato chips come in all sorts of crazy flavors now (sriracha, cheesy garlic bread, chicken & waffles… yes, these are real), and while they’re pretty delicious, they’re usually not very good for you. Enter kale chips. With a satisfying crunch and peppery kick, these kale chips are rich in calcium and will make snack time feel a little less guilty.
- 2 bunches of organic Lacinato kale
- 2 tsp olive oil (more if needed)
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse kale in a salad spinner and pat dry.
- Cut out and discard the stems and center ribs from kale.
- Place the leaves in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, rubbing the leaves to ensure they are well coated.
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan and continue to toss until coated.
- Carefully spread the leaves on a rimmed baking sheet. Note: The kale does not need to be in a single layer, as it will shrink while cooking.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until leaves are tender, crisp on edges and slightly browned.
- Note: The parmesan, can be added before or after baking. If adding after baking, add it right after you pull the kale chips out of the oven so the cheese will melt a bit.
Adapted from Epicurious.com.