Halloween Blood Orange Margarita
What’s a parent to do when the kiddos are out trick-or-treating on Halloween? This spoooooky cocktail is the perfect party favor.
I’ve always been a fan of interesting salts and the Black Hawaiian Sea Salt in this recipe will intrigue the eyes and tastes!
- 1 1/2 oz silver tequila
- 3/4 oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz blood orange juice
- 1/2 oz sour mix (instructions below)
- Black Hawaiian Sea Salt
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- Combine the water and sugar in large saucepan over medium heat; stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat; let cool.
- Mix the syrup, lemon juice and lime juice in pitcher and chill until cold. (Mixture will keep for about one week chilled.)
- In a cocktail shaker combine the tequila, Cointreau, blood orange juice and sour mix over ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a black salt-rimmed glass.
- Try not to get scared while drinking.