Beet Carrot Salad with Tangy Lime Vinaigrette
Many people don’t realize that beets are delicious uncooked; the crunchy texture and earthy flavor is unique and refreshing. One of our favorite winter sides, this beet carrot salad combines raw beets and raw carrots for a wonderfully crunchy salad; and the zesty vinaigrette brings everything together with elegance. For added texture, top with toasted pepitas. Your taste buds will thank you.
- 3 large organic carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 medium organic beet, peeled and trimmed
- 2 organic green onions, whites and greens sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup organic cilantro, leaves torn from stems
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pepitas, toasted (optional)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Whisk lime juice and olive oil together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grate carrots and beet, using a box grater or food processor grating disk.
- Combine carrots, beets and green onions in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cilantro, feta cheese and pepitas if using. Serve immediately.
Photos courtesy of Ilana Freddye.