Arugula Pear Salad
This arugula pear salad excites the tastebuds with spicy arugula, tangy lemon, sharp blue cheese and the mild sweetness of organic pear. Don’t let the simple ingredient list fool you, this salad has all the flavors of a much more complicated dish; but don’t worry, your secret is safe with us.
Plus, with all of these organic ingredients available from Full Circle right now, this arugula pear salad can be practically delivered right to your doorstep. A healthy and delicious meal has never been easier or more convenient.
- 1/2 cup organic walnut halves
- 5 to 6 cups organic arugula, cleaned and dried
- 1 organic pear, thinly sliced (Bosc, D'Anjou or Bartlett will all work well)
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- Toast walnuts in small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside.
- Combine the arugula and sliced pear in a salad bowl, add nuts then dress the salad with lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Top with lots of blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately, on a bed of green leaf lettuce.
Pro tip: For a more substantial meal, top with sliced chicken breast.
Adapted from Rachel Ray.